Top Tips for Interview Success
Our interviews are designed to provide you with a positive experience & the best opportunity for you to perform well. Here are some tips to help you prepare:
What preparation should I do?
- Research the company website & familiarise yourself with the job role
- Practise interview questions
- Plan your journey & allow for traffic
- Take your CV, notebook & pen
- Know the name /s of the interviewers
- Prepare a list of questions that you would like to ask
How do I make a positive first impression?
- Put your phone on silent to avoid distractions
- Be yourself, smile, be confident & make eye contact
- Establish a rapport with the interviewer
- Check out the dress code policy, if in doubt dress professionally
- Maintain a good posture
- Relax, speak clearly and take your time to answer the questions
What can I expect in the interview?
- Check the format of the interview
- Prepare to give an introduction with an overview of your career highlighting key milestones
- Bring to life positive examples where you have driven your own development
- Discuss the steps you are taking to work towards your career ambitions
- Research examples of competency questions
- If you are required to do a presentation check timings & available IT equipment
- Provide specific examples to questions with sufficient detail and avoid going off track
- Use positive language
What questions should I ask?
- Ask questions throughout the interview or at the end of the interview
- Check to make sure you have answered the question fully
- Express a genuine interest in the role